Every company needs a financial strategy to guide its business. The most powerful strategies can drive growth objectives, correct balance sheet concerns and even help resolve operational weaknesses. Financial planning can occur at any phase of the business cycle to improve profitability, but companies should strive to strengthen finances before signs of significant weakness occur.
BBK has successfully represented companies, lenders, creditors, bondholders and investors (domestic and foreign) in need of corporate financial support. We've guided clients through restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, sales and divestitures, leveraged buyouts, bankruptcies and uncertain financial outcomes. By implementing financial strategies to protect assets, turnaround under-performing businesses and facilitate corporate transactions, we help our clients achieve the best financial goals for any given situation.
Recognizing that no two companies are alike, nor have the same set of challenges, BBK has its solutions offerings customized based on a client's unique needs. They include financial advisory services tailored to the needs of the client and the situation.
Business Acquisition Strategies
Our proven track record in both financial and operational improvement services make BBK uniquely suited to help strategic buyers planning to acquire assets in North America. Studies show that over 60% of M&A transactions fail to create their expected value underscoring the critical need to identify and quantify synergies. Of those that are successful in creating value, 70-75% will be realized in the first year.
Growing externally can create tremendous value when companies are focused on the best opportunities. However, value can be destroyed when growth is conducted in a reactive manner without:
- Alignment of strategic priorities with organic growth
- Development of a M&A strategy and market entry options
- Development of market-oriented growth strategies
- Assessment of potential enablers or barriers
- Assessment of business plan and financial projections
Determining which acquisitions will create shareholder value is reliant upon the rigor and quality of due diligence performed on the transaction. BBK's approach to diligence goes beyond traditional accounting and financial analysis to assess the key assumptions underlying the deal.
Our experienced team helps clients:
- Gain deep understanding of the total potential of the target business
- Uncover real opportunities for capturing value post deal through operational enhancements
- BBK focuses not only on financial due diligence, but total performance due diligence
Pre-Acquisition services include:
- Market and competitive position assessment
- Financial forecasting and value creation analysis
- Risk assessment
- Strategic alternatives analysis
- Operations assessment
- Transition planning
- Due diligence
- Corporate finance
Post-Acquisition services include:
- Pre-close planning
- Management integration
- Value analysis/value engineering
- Lean manufacturing transformation
- Supply chain optimization
- Launch readiness
- Interim Finance/Operations management
- Corporate restructuring
Your post-close business environment does not need to be characterized by conflict and confusion. The blending of two companies represents an opportunity for renewal and improvement across the entire organization.
With combined expertise in finance and operations, BBK has unparalleled hands-on acquisition and integration experience.
Companies who are cash strapped, debt burdened, or have troubled businesses in today's market may be forced to look at a divestiture rather than growth as less than optimal conditions exist. There is an opportunity, if properly positioned and planned, to achieve a greater value than may be readily apparent. BBK professionals can improve the speed to market/close and help prepare for the sale to maximize the value of the business segment. BBK professionals are able to address carve-out financial matters, transition service agreements, and structural alternatives to help companies preserve the value of their divestiture. We prepare you for rigorous buyer due diligence and assist with:
- Divestiture strategic alternatives
- Candidate screening
- Financial and commercial due diligence
- Financial statements and reporting
- Contract assessment and transition
The bottom line is, BBK focuses on your bottom line with exceptional financial and operational resources.
For more information regarding our transactional service capabilities, please contact Philip Goy or William Diehl